Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Stephen Nunes throws himself out of a plane for Raleigh

I’ve always wanted to throw myself out of a plane...so I saw this as a great opportunity to incorporate my Raleigh fundraising. I decided to pay for the skydive myself and asked people to sponsor me so the money they donated went directly to Raleigh instead of being used to pay for the actual jump.

On the actual day itself I found myself slightly less confident than I had been previously and in a matter of a few hours I had donned a very fashionable blue jumpsuit complete with headgear and goggles and clambered into a small plane.


After around five minutes, my mother who had kindly and somewhat foolishly agreed to jump with me disappeared out of the plane attached to her instructor. Then came my turn and I just had to take a deep breath and pray to whatever God there was!


The actual freefall was over in less than a minute but I don’t think I’ll ever experience another moment as exhilarating in my life again. After coming back down to earth, literally and emotionally, I found the nearest pub and ordered a stiff drink.


To be able to have the experience of a lifetime and at the same time raise money for Raleigh was just fantastic and if you get the chance to do something like this, please don’t think twice.
www.justgiving.com/stephenadriannunes

21 comments:

  1. 生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 成功多屬於那些很快做出決定,卻又不輕易變更的人。而失敗也經常屬於那些很難做出決定,卻又經常變更的人.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. 生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. 只有尋常才幹,但具有不尋常恆心的人,一切皆可獲取................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete