Monday, April 19, 2010

Narin Cakir is fundraising for her forthcoming expedition in Borneo

Narin Cakir is fundraising for her forthcoming expedition in Borneo this coming July and has just finished a 5km run.

I signed up to a 5K run quite early on in my fundraising plans and it turned out to be a great way to raise awareness of Raleigh and why I was raising money. Friends saw me training or even better, joined me on my jogs and I think they appreciated that I was working hard to earn my sponsorship. It was a great way to keep people updated on my fitness progress through my Facebook group and also give gentle reminders to sponsor me throughout my training. I invited friends to watch me run and they helped spread the word about how hard I had worked and why! In the end it was crossing the line, my own personal sense of achievement and photographic evidence that encouraged friends to visit my fundraising page and donate.

I'm really glad I did it because if nothing else I am that little bit fitter and hopefully stronger for the Borneo expedition challenges to come!

www.justgiving.com/makingthingshappen2010

No comments:

Post a Comment