Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gemma Armes fundraised to join her expedition to Costa Rica & Nicaragua in Autumn 2009

I did various fundraising events and asked for support from friends and family as well as writing to my old school, college, uni and various businesses. I did various events including:

· A 24 hour sponsored famine
· Set-up a Just Giving page and raised awareness through this and social networking
· Sent emails to friends and family
· Held an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party for friends and family as a charity event
· Collected at bars and pubs
· Held a car boot sale and sold off unwanted uni stuff and families unwanted items

Since my expedition, I am interested in learning more about International Development and I now want to get involved in fundraising and promoting awareness for a charity like Raleigh.

1 comment: