Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Amy Harcus is going to Borneo this July as a venturer. Read about how her band night raised the funds for her expedition

I held a band night at the Grampian Hotel in Perth (Scotland) who gave us the venue for free. Two local bands played, plus a skiffle band which was a combination of both bands and other musicians. One of the bands my dad plays harmonica in, Wang Dang Delta and $outhpaw headlined. Wang Dang Delta are sort of bluesy music, and $outhpaw are more like the likes of Lynyrd Skynyrd (americana, folk, rock etc). I also had an auction (because so many raffle prizes were given to me and some were a little too expensive for a raffle). I sold door tickets for £6.50 each, and a strip of raffle tickets for £1.

Just over 100 people must have been there, and I sold over 700 raffle tickets! As well as all of this I was given a few donations on the night and I made just over £1400. My total now stands at roughly £1600 but money is still coming in.

As well as this I joined a team of youths under 20, as well as my dad, two youth workers and two mountaineering experts for a sponsored climb a Meall nan Tarmachan near Killin. It was a tough day but we got there in the end. I’m not entirely sure how much we have made from that yet but will find out soon! I’ve pretty much made the target though!

No comments:

Post a Comment